Photo credit Kim Hairston, Baltimore Sun
Help Ellicott City Residents with Vital Home Repairs
Donate to Rebuilding Together Howard County’s Urgent Repair Fund to help residents affected by the 2018 flood in Ellicott City. Rebuilding Together Howard County is the local affiliate of the national nonprofit Rebuilding Together, providing home repairs to individuals, veterans, people with disabilities and low income homeowners. Our organization is keenly focused on the revitalization of communities, and with your help we can provide the much needed relief of a safe and dry home for these residents.
Our Work After the 2016 Flood
After the 2016 flood in Ellicott City, Rebuilding Together Howard County partnered with the One EC Recovery Project to assess the needs of homeowners affected by the flood, conduct home inspections and provide vital home repairs.
With the help of donors, sponsors, volunteers and grant funds we were able to provide vital repairs for eight homes affected by the Ellicott City flood, including:
- Tore out rotted wooden floor to crawl space / dirt in bedroom, treated for termites and rebuilt new floor.
- Removed and replaced gutters.
- Installed new siding, roof, doors and windows.
- Covered basement floor with concrete, installed two new doors, redirected down spouts, and painted front of house
- Filled in space under porch with sandbags to cover the water line.
- Painted interior of several homes
- Water proofed basement
- Installed new kitchen to include floor, walls, appliances and cabinets
- Took out water damaged floor covering and installed new floor
- Repaired and painted exterior stairway
- Installed new sump pump